July 1st to July 31st: JOIN US NOW!
In today’s world, we are literally forced to look at life through a window. Since the pandemic, countless gray days have passed without any of us being able to leave our homes, visit our loved ones and have some peace of mind. This period has been especially worse for those less fortunate than ourselves, those who live hand to mouth, and for those for whom missed opportunities have a catastrophic impact on their lives.
How can we, from inside our windows, help the people around us?
Inchara believes that nothing is truly out of reach if we put our minds to it. We have decided, starting July 1st, 2021, to launch a pledge campaign wherein our volunteers can pledge to impact lives in the fields of education, environment, and COVID relief. We have proposed a set of pledges in each field that can be undertaken from home or while remaining socially distanced and safe.
In the education field, you can pledge to:
- Donate a smart-phone to a student in need
- Donate stationery to the local school
- Donate old books to the local library
- Read two articles regarding education and sustainability
- Read a book about education
- Volunteer to teach at least one session at the local orphanage
- Share a social media post related to education and sustainability
- Attend a session related to education and sustainability
- Walk 1000 steps for 30 days to contribute towards education sustainability (for successful completion of this pledge, 1000 rupees will be donated towards education sustainability)
In the COVID relief area, you can pledge to:
- Donate fresh meals to somebody affected by COVID-19
- Volunteer at a COVID vaccination centre near you
- Aid my domestic help get vaccinated
- Donate food or supplies to an underprivileged locality near you
- Donate masks, sanitizers and hygiene kits to an underprivileged neighbourhood near you
- Help remove vaccine hesitancy near you
- Walk 1000 steps for 30 days to contribute to COVID relief (for successful completion of this pledge, 1000 rupees will be donated towards COVID relief)
In the environment area, you can pledge to:
- Plant more trees
- Reduce, reuse and recycle
- Avoid single-use plastic
- Share my ride to work
- Save water every day
- Manage waste better
- Walk 1000 steps for 30 days to contribute towards environment sustainability (for successful completion of this pledge, 1000 rupees will be donated towards education sustainability)
Any volunteer can take on one or more of these pledges and contribute to these fields in a safe, yet impactful manner. For every pledge you take, you will also receive a pledge badge and a feature of Inchara’s social media handles. This campaign ends on July 31st and the person who has created the most impact through this drive will win the title of Most Sustainable Volunteer.
We urge you all to please take on these pledges and join the Inchara family in being a part of the solution. You can always take more than one pledge from any of the given choices.
For participation/queries/further information (open till July 30th, 2021)
Email email@example.com to take on education and COVID relief pledges
Email firstname.lastname@example.org to take on environmental pledges
Please join hands with us to help make the world a better place.