Modernized Electronic Data Interchange (EDI) Platform for a Large Confectionery Manufacturer
The customer is an American company and one of the largest chocolate manufacturers in the world. It also manufactures baked products, such as cookies, cakes, milkshakes, drinks and many more, which increase its variety of range. Its products are sold in over 60 countries worldwide.
The customer was looking for a hassle-free onboarding of their 450+ customer and vendors into their ecosystem and connect with all these stakeholders, send data electronically in real-time, conduct information exchange transactions, and maintain security across systems. The needed to migrate their business to business (B2B) interfaces from legacy middleware solution to a modern middleware solution without impacting the customer’s business with their trading partners.
- Modernized its EDI solution by migrating from legacy middleware platform Sterling Gentran to SAP PO for all A2A (application to application) and B2B integrations
- Migrated business documents of customers, vendors, carriers, banks and distribution suppliers to an EDI format
- Brought API-led connectivity to B2B integration
- Consolidation of various middleware solutions like Gentran and Mercator to SAP PO for all A2A and B2B integration resulting in lower TCO
- Reduced time in the processing of business transactions
- Faster customer and partner onboarding
- End-to-end visibility of business documents with SAP PO monitoring capabilities